Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
Physio Alive offers a comprehensive pelvic floor physiotherapy service. Lauren Locke has post graduate qualifications in this specialist field from Curtin University and provides individualised assessments and treatments for a range of pelvic floor conditions.
- Incontinence (urine, faeces, wind)
- Overactive bladder symptoms (e.g. urgency, frequency, getting up multiple times overnight to urinate)
- Prolapse (including conservative management and pre/post-surgical management)
- Constipation/difficulties defecating
- Vaginal/vulval or pelvic pain and sexual dysfunction/Painful intercourse
- Ante/Post natal pelvic floor assessment and advice
Conservative measures can be extremely effective for the management of many pelvic floor and bladder/bowel problems.
Examples of treatment strategies include:
- Education regarding your presentation and management options
- Pelvic floor muscle training (specfically designed for each individual and based on your abilities and needs)
- Bladder training/Calming
- Education regarding prolapse prevention and management
- Education regarding correct voiding and defecation postures
- Advice regarding optimal bladder and bowel habits
- Safe exercise advice
- Education regarding pain mechanisms and pelvic floor relaxation techniques
- Manual therapy for the pelvic floor muscles
Lauren Locke is a passionate pelvic floor physiotherapist. She has completed her Graduate Certificate and is currently working towards a Master’s degree in Continence and Women’s Health at Curtin University, is a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association including the Continence and Women’s Health group and a member of the Continence Foundation of Australia. She is also a certified Pilates instructor.